Manufacturer :- Custom built for Gwyn Lewis 4×4
Part Number :- GL-EXT -1010
Working length :- 1045mm + – 8mm
Fits:- Defender 110 Rear 2.5/2.5Td/200Tdi With Salisbury Rear Axle.
Weight :- 13KG
These HEAVY DUTY wide angle prop shafts are custom made for us to our own specification, they are a very well made prop shaft using the very best of components we can source, they are fully greaseable including the slider, they are balanced to a very high standard and have proved to reduce vibrations on many Land Rovers.
- 30 degree wide angle (1310 series) to prevent the propshaft binding up on long travel suspension.
- Large 3 inch heavy duty 3mm wall tube.
- Higher torque capacity than a standard Land Rover propshaft.
- Heavy duty round flange face (not the old square type), that bolts onto the diff and gearbox 79.4mm PCD.
- Heavy duty 1310 series Universal Joints (81.8mm x 27mm) with nylon thrust washers and nylon/rubber seals, the nylon thrust washers also have 5 slots in them to allow grease to get to each cup when greasing them (see picture of joint you can see the 5 slots in the thrust washer).
- Rilsan coated spline for smother operation and helps eliminate vibrations.
- Upgraded involute spline configuration with 18 splines that is also GREASABLE which is a feature only found on our propshafts.
- Double seal arrangement on the slip assembly, with 110mm of movement and full spline contact on the male and female slider to help with long travel suspension.
- Internally plug welded to hold grease in the slider.
- Phased when required to reduce vibrations.
- All prop shafts come with a tube of k48 grease.
Please note that prop shaft UJ`s on lifted vehicles are under more strain and require REGULAR GREASING to prolong their life. No prop shaft should be run for long periods of time with a steeper running angle of more than 10 degrees, anything above this angle used for long journeys will cause the UJs to overheat and cause premature wear. This is always a problem on Land Rovers, especially with suspension lifts above 2 inches as once you lift the suspension the prop shaft angle steepens, even caster correction makes the prop shaft angle steeper.
We can also make non standard custom length props.
If you are unsure what you need please contact me.