Manufacturer :- Custom built for Gwyn Lewis 4×4, these are UK made, not cheap imports.
Part Number :- GL-EXT-632
Working length :- 667mm + – 8mm
Fits :- Defender 90 Rear 2.5/2.5Td/200Tdi
Weight :- 9.2KG
These HEAVY DUTY wide angle propshafts are custom made for us to our own specification, they are a very well made propshaft using the very best of components we can source, they are fully greaseable including the slider, they are balanced to a very high standard and have proved to reduce vibrations on many Land Rovers.
These propshafts are made to a very high standard, please don’t compare these to cheap import ones.
Please note these propshafts have heavy duty round flanges, when fitting make sure you clean up the diff and gearbox flange face as you may have taken a square type flange off and the new round one does not want to sit on top of rust.
If you require a custom length, please contact us with measurements so we can get one made, have a look at the last picture to help you measure your propshaft length.
- 30 degree wide angle (1310 series) to prevent the propshaft binding up on long travel suspension.
- Higher torque capacity than a standard Land Rover propshaft, using 50mm heavy duty 3mm wall tube.
- Heavy duty round flange face (not the old square type), that bolts onto the diff and gearbox 79.4mm PCD.
- Heavy duty 1310 series Universal Joints (81.8mm x 27mm) with nylon thrust washers and nylon/rubber seals, the nylon thrust washers also have 5 slots in them to allow grease to get to each cup when greasing them (see picture of joint you can see the 5 slots in the thrust washer).
- Rilsan coated spline for smother operation and helps eliminate vibrations.
- Upgraded involute spline configuration with 18 splines that is also GREASEABLE which is a feature only found on our propshafts.
- Double seal arrangement on the slip assembly, with 110mm of movement and full spline contact on the male and female slider to help with long travel suspension.
- Internally plug welded to hold grease in the slider.
- Phased when required to reduce vibrations.
- All prop shafts come with a tube of K48 grease.
Please note that propshaft UJ`s on lifted vehicles are under more strain and require REGULAR GREASING to prolong there life, no propshaft should be used for long periods of time with a steeper running angle of more than 10 degree, anything above this angle used for long journeys will cause the UJs to over heat and cause premature wear, this is always a problem on Land Rovers especially with suspension lifts above 2 inches, as once you lift the suspension the propshaft angle steepens, even caster correction makes the propshaft angle steeper.We can also make non standard custom length props.
If you are unsure what you need please contact me.