1 x Old Man Emu Defender Eye/Pin Fitment Steering Damper
Part Number :- GL1161, Defender Steering Damper, Eye/Pin, Old Man Emu.
Manufacturer :- Old Man Emu
Fits :- Defender
Weight :- 3.1 KG
This is a quality Foam Cell Steering Damper made by Old Man Emu, unlike Gas Charged Steering Dampers these do not extend on their own making fitment easier.
They have equal 50/50 valving on both compression and extension stroke.
They have 9 1/2 inch of travel.
We would also recommend using this steering damper on a Discovery 1 when fitting our SUMOBARS with one of our Steering Damper Relocation kits SUMO-GL79RHD-GL78 (to suit late 1994 on with straight steering box drop arm)
We replace the supplied open nut with a Nyloc Nut to eliminate risk of the nut coming undone in use.
Please Note :- Please do not over tighten the bushes.
As another integral component of Old Man Emu’s 4WD suspension range, steering stabilisers are designed to reduce the effect of wheel vibration and improve the feel, handling and control of the vehicle. They will also reduce the aggressive rotation of the steering wheel over rough roads without affecting steering wheel return.
- 9 stage valving: for optimum performance
- 15mm piston rod: stronger than the original
- Steel stone guard: protects the piston rod against stone damage
- 35mm piston and bore: increased oil volume
- Twin tube design: protects the internal components against stone damage
- Multi lip seal: prevents oil loss
- Original mounts: for ease of installation original stabiliser mounts are used where appropriate