1 x Old Man Emu Defender Eye/Pin Fitment Steering Damper
Part Number:- GL1161, Defender Steering Damper, Eye/Pin, Old Man Emu.
Manufacturer:- Old Man Emu
Weight :- 3.1 KG
This is a high-quality Foam Cell Steering Damper manufactured by Old Man Emu. Unlike gas-charged steering dampers, these do not extend on their own, making fitment easier and preventing steering from pulling to the driver’s side.
They have equal 50/50 valving on both compression and extension stroke.
They have 9 1/2 inches of travel.
We would also recommend using this steering damper on a Discovery 1 when fitting our SUMOBARS with one of our Steering Damper Relocation kits SUMO-GL79RHD-GL78 (to suit late 1994 on with straight steering box drop arm)
We replace the supplied open nut with a Nyloc Nut to eliminate the risk of the nut coming undone in use.
Please Note:- Do not over-tighten the pin end of the steering damper as it will over compress the bushes causing the bushes to crack and maybe causing the mounting to flex and break, all our steering dampers come with nyloc nuts, so there is no need to over tighten them.
As another integral component of Old Man Emu’s 4WD suspension range, steering stabilisers are designed to reduce the effect of wheel vibration and improve the feel, handling and control of the vehicle. They will also reduce the aggressive rotation of the steering wheel over rough roads without affecting steering wheel return.
- 9 stage valving: for optimum performance
- 15mm piston rod: stronger than the original
- Steel stone guard: protects the piston rod against stone damage
- 35mm piston and bore: increased oil volume
- Twin tube design: protects the internal components against stone damage
- Multi lip seal: prevents oil loss
- Original mounts: for ease of installation original stabiliser mounts are used where appropriate
To protect your steering dampers from stone chips we would recommend fitting this clear heat shrink – Part Number – GL1249